[index] [prev] [next] [options] [help]

eprints_tech messages

Re: [EP-tech] making "abstract" a part of the embargoed information

From: John Salter via Eprints-tech <eprints-tech AT ecs.soton.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2020 16:15:24 +0000

Threading: Re: [EP-tech] making "abstract" a part of the embargoed information from eprints-tech AT ecs.soton.ac.uk
      • This Message

Hi Tomasz,
I looked at doing this a few years ago for our thesis repository, but it's not
simple to do it for only specific items.
We ended up adding a new 'restricted abstract' field - which would contain the
full abstract whilst the full-text was under embargo.

This also means that the author can have part of the abstract available (in the
normal abstract field) if they want whilst the document is restricted.
This might encourage use of 'request a copy', without inferring too much about
the content of the document.

Cheers,
John