[index] [prev] [next] [options] [help]

eprints_tech messages

[EP-tech] DOI Minting

From: James Kerwin via Eprints-tech <eprints-tech AT ecs.soton.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2019 12:42:46 +0000

Threading: [EP-tech] DOI minting from E.Jennings AT bath.ac.uk
      • This Message

Hi All,

I'm currently going through the process of uploading a load of digitised
theses.

I've managed to write scripts to create the EPrints friendly metadata and
altered the bin/import script to slurp up a load of XML files and do the
deposits for me.

I'm having trouble getting the DOIs to mint on deposit (datacite) and to
get my twitter bot to send tweets upon deposit (my own Frankenstein's
monster of a script).

Usually these scripts are triggered when an item moves from the review to
the live archive. The digitised theses items are going straight into the
live archive which I guess is why they aren't being triggered.

Does anybody have any helpful advice on this?

Thanks,
James