[index] [prev] [next] [options] [help]

eprints_tech messages

Re: [EP-tech] OAI validation problem: empty resumptionToken

From: Christopher Gutteridge <cjg AT ecs.soton.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 17:27:29 +0000

Threading: [EP-tech] OAI validation problem: empty resumptionToken from Mike.Gardner AT nottingham.ac.uk
      • This Message

HEADER (eprints-tech)
Hmm. I didn't know that wasn't allowed. Nothing's ever caught that one
before.

Still, my bad.

find in /opt/eprints2/cgi/oai2

                 $response->appendChild( $session->render_data_element(
                         2,
                         "resumptionToken",
                         $tokenvalue ) );

and wrap it in this condtion:

         if( EPrints::Utils::is_set( $tokenvalue ) )
         {
                 $response->appendChild( $session->render_data_element(
                         2,
                         "resumptionToken",
                         $tokenvalue ) );
         }

(also fixed in CVS so next version will be OK)

On 11 Mar 2004, at 15:20, Mike Gardner wrote:

> (testing)
> I'm trying to register my (2.2) archive http://mlpa.nottingham.ac.uk
> with OAI (http://www.openarchives.org/data/registerasprovider.html).
> It passes most of the tests but fails with this message:
>
> We received a request to register the following repository:
> Base URL: http://mlpa.nottingham.ac.uk/perl/oai2
> adminEmail: modern-languages-enquiries AT nottingham.ac.uk
>
> Unfortunately your repository did not validate at version 2.0 of the
> OAI-PMH
> according to our OAI protocol conformance tester. The error(s)
> received during
> testing is/are listed below.
>
> Empty resumption token in response to
> http://mlpa.nottingham.ac.uk/perl/oai2?
> verb=ListRecords&metadataPrefix=oai_dc
> There should never be an empty resumptionToken in response to a request
> without a resumptionToken argument
>

> Is there supposed to be something in the ArchiveOAIConfig.pm about
> resumption tokens (I cant spot anything)?
> Theres no messages in the web server error logs about this so not sure
> whats wrong.
>
> thanks for any suggestions,
> mike
>
> --
> Dr Mike Gardner.                 http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/~uazmjg/
> Web Developer, Portal Services Section, IT Systems, Information
> Services.
> Mail: Portland Building, University of Nottingham, Nottingham. NG7 2RD.

Christopher Gutteridge - cjg AT ecs.soton.ac.uk - 023 8059 4833

[index] [prev] [next] [options] [help]