[BOAI] RES: Re: a question on the nature of this group

From: "Gil Santos" <gilbfe AT unicamp.br>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2013 14:34:21 -0300

Threading:      • This Message
             [BOAI] RES: Re: a question on the nature of this group from gilbfe AT unicamp.br
             [BOAI] RES: Re: a question on the nature of this group from gilbfe AT unicamp.br

Dear,

I´m subscribed to this mailing list, and always I follow, but do not
manifest.

David really has every reason to talk about growth and Redalyc SciELO in
Latin America, especially in Brazil.

If everyone thought like that, give more importance to these bases and
believe in the impact factor they are making possible to the open access
journals.

How librarian, in 2011 published a book that shows the sources of indexing
the world. This work is available at URL:
http://www.bibliotecadigital.unicamp.br/document/?code=49835

Best regards,

Gildenir Carolino Santos

Doctor in Education / Librarian

Faculty of Education  / University of Campinas (UNICAMP)

e-mail:  <mailto:gilbfe AT unicamp.br> gilbfe AT unicamp.br

Site:  <http://www.bibli.fae.unicamp.br> http://www.bibli.fae.unicamp.br

From: "Gil Santos" <gilbfe AT unicamp.br>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2013 14:37:21 -0300

Threading: [BOAI] RES: Re: a question on the nature of this group from gilbfe AT unicamp.br
      • This Message

Sorry. Really who spoke about the situation of bases in Latin America was
Jean-Claude, not David as I cited.

From: "Gil Santos" <gilbfe AT unicamp.br>
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2013 08:36:46 -0300

Threading: [BOAI] RES: Re: a question on the nature of this group from gilbfe AT unicamp.br
      • This Message

Hello Luis.

Yes, I know the researcher Tel Amiel, and now contracted researcher at
UNICAMP. He did postdoctoral here in our Faculty, with my supervisor at the
time he was doing his doctorate in education. But to warn you, have
librarians in Brazil involved in the practice of OPEN ACCESS. Even here in
Brazil is the government agency, IBICT (Instituto Brasileiro de Informação
em Ciência e Tecnologia) that is implementing it since 2003. One of the
first steps was the implementation of OJS (Open Journal System/PKP),
translated here for Brazil as SEER "Sistema de Editoração Eletrônica de
Revistas). Furthermore we are involved, which I am part of the Digital
Preservation Project - LOCKSS - coordinated by IBICT. There are many fronts
in the librarians are engaging yes. Now, regarding USP is unfortunate that a
researcher speaking in public, denigrating the OPEN ACCESS. Let's keeping in
contact.

Best regards.

Gildenir Carolino Santos

Faculty of Education