[BOAI] bibliometrics and open access solutions

From: Christine Kosmopoulos <christine.kosmopoulos AT parisgeo.cnrs.fr>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 10:56:32 +0100

Threading:      • This Message
             Re: [BOAI] bibliometrics and open access solutions from krichel AT openlib.org

A new contribution about bibliometrics in Social Sciences and Humanities :

Christine Kosmopoulos et Denise Pumain

    Citation, Citation, Citation : Bibliometrics, the web and the Social
    Sciences and Humanities

The use of digital resources and the affirmation of research assessment
exercises throw a new light on the issue of bibliometrics. The paper
reviews the main data bases and indicators in use. It demonstrates that
these instruments give a biased information about the scientific output
of research in Social Sciences and Humanities. Emerging publishing and
editing strategies on the web are analysed. The paper supports open
access solutions and sharing ressources policies for the social
science's literature.
Read more :
http://www.cybergeo.eu/index15123.html

Published  on the 17th of December 2007 in : Cybergeo : European Journal
of Geography
Open Access Journal since 1996 and free of charges, edited by the
Laboratory Géographie-cités of the CNRS, FRANCE)

 http://www.cybergeo.eu

Re: [BOAI] bibliometrics and open access solutions

From: Thomas Krichel <krichel AT openlib.org>
Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2007 08:06:38 -0600

Threading: [BOAI] bibliometrics and open access solutions from christine.kosmopoulos AT parisgeo.cnrs.fr
      • This Message

  Christine Kosmopoulos writes

> A new contribution about bibliometrics in Social Sciences and Humanities :
>
> Christine Kosmopoulos et Denise Pumain
>

>    Citation, Citation, Citation : Bibliometrics, the web and the Social
>    Sciences and Humanities

> The paper supports open access solutions and sharing ressources
> policies for the social science's

  I am somewhat saddened to read that this survey, at
  http://www.cybergeo.eu/index15123.html does not discuss
  CitEc, at http://citec.repec.org, which I think is
  the largest open-access citation index in the social sciences.

  Disclaimer: CitEc is a part of the RePEc digital library,
  which I founded.

  Cheers,

  Thomas Krichel                    http://openlib.org/home/krichel
                                RePEc:per:1965-06-05:thomas_krichel