RE: [BOAI] Copyright (or left) issues, a question

From: Subbiah Arunachalam <arun AT>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 09:58:36 +0530

Threading:      • This Message
             RE: [BOAI] Copyright (or left) issues, a question from cciucu AT
             RE: [BOAI] Copyright (or left) issues, a question from juliana AT

I am an Indian researcher and I speak for most of our colleagues in the
developing world. The copyright should remain with the author(s) of a paper
(or any intellectual or artistic product). While we publish a paper in a
journal we only give them the first right to publish.No publisher, in the
new order of things, should demand transfer of copyright (from the author to
the publisher). Please refer to the many articles written by Stevan Harnad.

Thanks and best wishes.