Re: [BOAI] RE: Open Access in Developing Countries

From: JOATO JOATP <joatp2000 AT yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2003 22:13:08 -0800 (PST)

 I think your article brings to light the proper path to getting information
out to DC in a very good way.   I live presently in a country that has a good
database system commonly called Lanl here.  But all the Developing Countries
can benefit from their own centralized system themselves.  In the past, till I
recently became Chief Editor of the Journal of Advanced Propulsion Methods, I
had done educational websites online to inform and educate people on the
progress of modern Science.  I have always strived to see that these websites
were open to all the search engines worldwide for a very strong reason.   I
believe Science belongs to all the Planet and that the key to progress towards
world peace and a better Planet in general is seeing that all Countires have an
equal chance to develope properly and build a decent infrastructure.   One key
to that structure is Scientific knowledge.  Such a system as you propose for
DC's in part of the way to make sure that happens.
                                                                  Your's
                                                                   Dr. Paul
Karl Hoiland