Re: [BOAI] Alternative Peer Review Models for Scholarship

From: Radu <radu AT monicsoft.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 22:00:47 -0400

Threading: [BOAI] Alternative Peer Review Models for Scholarship from gerrymck AT iastate.edu
      • This Message

Hello.

The peer review style that I notice missing among the ones you cited is the
Discussion Forum kind.

Either moderated or free, this style is much more dynamic, thus seems
better suited for a digital, connected medium.

One might compare it with seminar/workshop-style commentary. Oh, and there
are MANY tools out there which make this possible (wikis, nukes, as well as
other content management tools, OpenSource or otherwise)

At 04:24 PM 4/25/03, Gerry Mckiernan wrote:
>   I am *particularly* interested in any current research or
> implementations that are Computer-Assisted

Cheers,
Radu
(www.monicsoft.net)