[BOAI] Applications to Attend OpenCon 2014 Now Open

From: Nick Shockey <nick AT arl.org>
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2014 22:11:31 +0200

Applications to attend OpenCon 2014 in Washington, DC from November 15-17 are
officially open!  Students and early career researchers can apply now at
www.opencon2014.org/apply. The application form includes the option to apply
for a travel scholarship, which will be awarded to many accepted participants.

Organized by the Right to Research Coalition and SPARC, OpenCon 2014 is the
student and early career researcher conference on Open Access, Open Education,
and Open Data and will be held on November 15-17, 2014 in Washington, DC. The
meeting will convene students and early career researchers from around the
world and serve as a powerful catalyst for projects led by the next generation
of scholars and researchers to advance OpenCon's three focus areas

Applications will remain open for 3 weeks—until the end of the day on August
25th. However, we strongly encourage you to apply early. Acceptance decisions
will begin to be made immediately, and if you will need a visa to travel to the
United States, an early acceptance decision could give you more time to
successfully apply for a US visa.

We’re also excited to announce our first OpenCon 2014 speakers, including Dr.
Philip Bourne, the Associate Director for Data Science at the United States
National Institutes of Health, and John Wilbanks, the Chief Commons Officer at
Sage Bionetworks and 2012 TED Global Presenter. You can find more details on
the program at www.opencon2014.org/program.

Cheers,

Nick

Nick Shockey
Director, Right to Research Coalition
Director of Programs and Engagement, SPARC
nick AT arl.org |  AT r2rc
+1 202 296 2296
Skype: nick.shockey
http://www.righttoresearch.org