[BOAI] "A Quarter-Century as an Open Access Publisher"

From: Charles Bailey <digitalscholarshippress AT gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2014 10:08:05 -0500

--047d7b5d427ea234d304fc9653ef

"A Quarter-Century as an Open Access Publisher"

The first open access journals were published in the late 1980s and early
1990s, and academic libraries were part of the movement from the beginning.
In 1989, I established The Public-Access Computer Systems Review, an open
access journal published by the University of Houston Libraries. In 1996, I
established the Scholarly Electronic Publishing Bibliography, an OA digital
book also published by the UH Libraries through 1996. It was updated 80
times through 2011. In 2005, I established Digital Scholarship, which has
published OA digital books, weblogs, other types of OA documents, and
low-cost paperbacks.

"A Quarter-Century as an Open Access Publisher" briefly recounts this
personal history of open access publishing.

bit.ly/1meLwIK

For a look at other early OA journals, see the volume 2, number 1 (1991)
issue of the The Public-Access Computer Systems Review:

bit.ly/1peVlJR

Best Regards,
Charles

Charles W. Bailey, Jr.
Publisher, Digital Scholarship
http://digital-scholarship.org/cwbprofile.htm
http://digital-scholarship.org/about/overview.htm

--047d7b5d427ea234d304fc9653ef

Publisher&quot;<=
br><br>The first open access journals were published in the late 1980s
and =
early 1990s, and academic libraries were part of the movement from the begi=
nning. In 1989, I established The Public-Access Computer Systems Review, an=
 open access journal published by the University of Houston Libraries. In 1=
996, I established the Scholarly Electronic Publishing Bibliography, an OA =
digital book also published by the UH Libraries through 1996. It was update=
d 80 times through 2011. In 2005, I established Digital Scholarship, which =
has published OA digital books, weblogs, other types of OA documents, and l=
ow-cost paperbacks.<br>
briefly recou=
nts this personal history of open access publishing.<br><br><a
href=3D"http=
look at other early OA j=
ournals, see the volume 2, number 1 (1991) issue of the The Public-Access C=
omputer Systems Review:<br>
Jr.<br>Publisher, Digital Scholarsh=
ip<br><a
href=3D"http://digital-scholarship.org/cwbprofile.htm">http://digi=
tal-scholarship.org/cwbprofile.htm</a><br>
<a
href=3D"http://digital-scholarship.org/about/overview.htm">http://digita=

--047d7b5d427ea234d304fc9653ef--