[BOAI] Let's be open about Open Access

From: "Richard Poynder" <richard.poynder AT>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 14:10:08 +0100

To what extent should we expect publishers who profess a commitment to Open
Access to be open in other ways too? This is a question often raised in
discussions about OA. Some, for instance, argue that OA ought to go
hand-in-hand with open peer review (particularly in light of the recent
"sting" of OA journals by Science). Others have argued that OA
have a duty to be more open in the management of their business. And it has
been suggested that OA publishers should be more transparent about their
finances. But what about when publishers make use of social media like
blogs? How transparent should they be about who is behind the site, and what
their objective is? This thought occurred to me recently when I was trying
to find out who runs the Open Science blog.

Details here:

-- To unsubscribe from the BOAI Forum, use the form on this page: