[BOAI] Re: Signalling the openness of references cited on Wikipedia

From: Julia Bolton Holloway <holloway.julia AT>
Date: Thu, 05 Sep 2013 15:30:05 +0200

Threading: [BOAI] Re: Signalling the openness of references cited on Wikipedia from daniel.mietchen AT
      • This Message

In my own case I don't mind material I have placed on the web, etc.,
re-used, provided I am cited. It is there as scholarship to be shared
openly. Otherwise it would be plagiary. I find the copyright world
impossible. Publishers control it, not authors, and I find publishers
sell one's published books to places like Questia, which one can't
access with paying them - to read one's own material! Also, scholarly
journals publish reviews of my books but don't send me a copy and block
me from reading said reviews behind a paywall. Essentially copyright for
authors is destroyed. A poor scholar cannot afford to legally challenge
publishers and others from selling one's research. Why I would be so
grateful for a usable copyleft symbol

Julia Bolton Holloway Mediatheca 'Fioretta Mazzei' 'English' Cemetery
P.le Donatello, 38 50132 FIRENZE ITALY