[BOAI] Joseph Esposito on the state of Open Access: Where are we, what still needs to be done?

From: "Richard Poynder" <ricky AT richardpoynder.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2013 09:32:16 +0100

The fifth Q&A in a series exploring the current state of Open Access has
been published. On this occasion the questions are answered by Joseph
Esposito, President of Processed Media.

Esposito is a former publisher and now publishing consultant.  He is also a
self-professed "advocate of open access publishing", so the topic of
OA is
clearly right up his street.

Esposito has a number of noteworthy things to say. He argues, for instance,
that despite its merits, and apparent traction, OA will nevertheless remain
a marginal activity. As he says, "I don't see OA becoming the primary form
of scholarly publishing."

More here:

http://poynder.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/joseph-esposito-on-state-of-open-acces
s.html