[BOAI] RES: Re: a question on the nature of this group

From: "Gil Santos" <gilbfe AT>
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2013 08:36:46 -0300

Threading: [BOAI] RES: Re: a question on the nature of this group from gilbfe AT
      • This Message

Hello Luis.

Yes, I know the researcher Tel Amiel, and now contracted researcher at
UNICAMP. He did postdoctoral here in our Faculty, with my supervisor at the
time he was doing his doctorate in education. But to warn you, have
librarians in Brazil involved in the practice of OPEN ACCESS. Even here in
Brazil is the government agency, IBICT (Instituto Brasileiro de Informação
em Ciência e Tecnologia) that is implementing it since 2003. One of the
first steps was the implementation of OJS (Open Journal System/PKP),
translated here for Brazil as SEER "Sistema de Editoração Eletrônica de
Revistas). Furthermore we are involved, which I am part of the Digital
Preservation Project - LOCKSS - coordinated by IBICT. There are many fronts
in the librarians are engaging yes. Now, regarding USP is unfortunate that a
researcher speaking in public, denigrating the OPEN ACCESS. Let's keeping in

Best regards.

Gildenir Carolino Santos

Faculty of Education

Campinas, SP