[BOAI] ADA launches copyright information microsite, #copywrong

From: Carolina Rossini <carolina.rossini AT gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2013 00:40:32 -0400

--047d7bd7566a701ca004de4cae54

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Ellen Broad <EBROAD AT nla.gov.au>
Date: Mon, Jun 3, 2013 at 11:32 PM
Subject: FW: ADA launches copyright information microsite, #copywrong
To: IP-ENFORCEMENT AT roster.wcl.american.edu

Good morning everyone,

Today the ADA launched a copyright microsite,
www.faircopyright.com.au,<UrlBlockedError.aspx>
pulling out some of the copyright issues facing various sectors in
Australia in light of the ongoing government inquiry into Australian
copyright exceptions. It picks out some glaring examples of digital
uses/innovation being restricted by our current copyright laws, and (tries)
to convey them in a fairly simple manner.

The examples are not new, but we don't know that they've cut through to the
wider public, policy makers and politicians observing the review. We'll be
pointing to it as a kind of 'these are some of the copyright problems we
think need fixing', to make the case for reform - without pre-judging the
review's outcome!

It's a very basic site - we will be pursuing a comprehensive outreach
campaign once the final report of the Australian Law Reform Commission has
been released - at the end of November this year.

In the mean time, please tweet, facebook, share the site with colleagues.
We'd love to get the message out!

Ellen

--
*Carolina Rossini*