[BOAI] Plug for the ASAP Awards - Nominations close June 15

From: Iryna Kuchma <iryna.kuchma AT eifl.net>
Date: Mon, 27 May 2013 12:56:44 +0300

--001a11c20ecc8a6f3704ddb02a8d

[Forwarded message from Cameron Neylon via open-access and open-science
mailing lists]

Dear All

Just a note that the PLOS/Google/Wellcome Accelerating Science Awards
Program is about halfway through the nomination period. The program will
award three prizes of $30,000 to people or groups who have made
imaginative, novel, or exciting *use* of open access research (literature
or data). In particular the awards will focus on those who have
demonstrated, through their use the potential of Open Access content.

I'm sure you are all aware of examples of educators, policy makers, patient
advocates, entrepreneurs, and even researchers doing exciting things.
Please do nominate people, encourage others to nominate, or to nominate
themselves at asap.plos.org prior to June 15. We want to collect the most
interesting, exciting and informative global stories of the use of OA
content and data.

Cheers

Cameron

--001a11c20ecc8a6f3704ddb02a8d

class=3D"gmail_sendername">Came=
ron Neylon</b> <span dir=3D"ltr">via
iling lists]<br><div
class=3D"gmail_quote"><br><br><div
style=3D"word-wrap:=
break-word">
PLOS/Google/Wellcome Accel=
erating Science Awards Program is about halfway through the nomination peri=
od. The program will award three prizes of $30,000 to people or groups who =
have made imaginative, novel, or exciting=A0<i>use</i>=A0of open
access res=
earch (literature or data). In particular the awards will focus on those wh=
o have demonstrated, through their use the potential of Open Access content=
.</div>
of examples of educators=
, policy makers, patient advocates, entrepreneurs, and even researchers doi=
ng exciting things. Please do nominate people, encourage others to nominate=
, or to nominate themselves at <a href=3D"http://asap.plos.org"
target=3D"_=
blank">asap.plos.org</a> prior to June 15. We want to collect the
most inte=
resting, exciting and informative global stories of the use of OA content a=
nd data.</div>
class=3D""><font color=3D"#888888"><d=

--001a11c20ecc8a6f3704ddb02a8d--