[BOAI] Fwd: [SCHOLCOMM] Bepress Announces First Graduating Class of Institutional Repository Manager Certification Course

From: Peter Suber <peter.suber AT gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 1 May 2013 19:04:56 -0400

--047d7b2e4d32e0be6304dbb02742

[Forwarding from bepress, via the ScholComm list.  --Peter Suber.]

This spring, bepress offered its first ever IR Manager Certification Course=
,
and we=92re proud to announce our first graduating class. Hailing from
educational organizations from around the world, all twenty participants
rated
the course =93extremely helpful=94 and indicated that they would recommend =
it
to others.

Jean-Gabriel Bankier, CEO of bepress, was delighted with the response to th=
company=92s first on-site training for repository managers, noting that
enrollment exceeded expectations. =93We had to have a waiting list. It clea=
rly
demonstrates the demand for this kind of training, and no one else is
offering
anything like it.=94

Topics ranged from current trends in scholarly communications to best
practices
for digital collection development, copyright compliance, faculty
engagement,
and outreach. In addition, the course included workshops and training
sessions
where IR administrators worked directly with their Digital Commons
Consulting
Services representatives. Course participants gained hands-on experience
with
important tools for managing a repository and implemented immediate
improvements to their individual IRs.

Participants praised both the comprehensive scope and the individualized
attention the course offered. As Kristine Mudrick, Serials and Electronic
Resources Librarian at Saint Joseph=92s University commented, =93It was rea=
lly
valuable to have one-on-one, real-time dialogue with my consultant.=94 Jere=
my
Watson, Digital Services Librarian at Fordham University, remarked, =93I am
totally inspired and ready to charge ahead with my repository more
efficiently
and dynamically.=94

Based on positive feedback from our first graduating class, bepress will
repeat
the IR Manager Certification Course in the spring of 2014. For more
information, please contact Ann Taylor (ataylor AT bepress.com), Director of
Outreach and Scholarly Communications, or Eli Windchy (ewindchy AT bepress.com
),
VP, Consulting Services.

-----------------
About bepress

Founded by professors in 1999, bepress is the provider of Digital Commons,
the
leading hosted institutional repository software platform. Digital Commons
offers the features of a traditional IR as well as professional-grade
publishing software, management tools, and individual faculty and researche=
pages to promote and disseminate scholarship and serve academia.

--047d7b2e4d32e0be6304dbb02742

style=3D"font-family:&#39;tre=
buchet ms&#39;,sans-serif;font-size:small">[Forwarding from
bepress, via th=
e ScholComm list. =A0--Peter Suber.]</div><br><div
class=3D"gmail_quote"><b=
r>This spring, bepress offered its first ever IR Manager Certification Cour=
se,<br>

and we=92re proud to announce our first graduating class. Hailing
from<br>
educational organizations from around the world, all twenty participants ra=
ted<br>
the course =93extremely helpful=94 and indicated that they would recommend =
it<br>
to others.<br>
Jean-Gabriel Bankier, CEO of bepress, was delighted with the response to th=
e<br>
company=92s first on-site training for repository managers, noting
that<br>
enrollment exceeded expectations. =93We had to have a waiting list. It clea=
rly<br>
demonstrates the demand for this kind of training, and no one else is offer=
ing<br>
anything like it.=94<br>
Topics ranged from current trends in scholarly communications to best pract=
ices<br>
for digital collection development, copyright compliance, faculty engagemen=
t,<br>
and outreach. In addition, the course included workshops and training sessi=
ons<br>
where IR administrators worked directly with their Digital Commons Consulti=
ng<br>
Services representatives. Course participants gained hands-on experience wi=
th<br>
important tools for managing a repository and implemented immediate<br>
improvements to their individual IRs.<br>
Participants praised both the comprehensive scope and the individualized<br=

attention the course offered. As Kristine Mudrick, Serials and Electronic<b=
r>
Resources Librarian at Saint Joseph=92s University commented, =93It was rea=
lly<br>
valuable to have one-on-one, real-time dialogue with my consultant.=94 Jere=
my<br>
Watson, Digital Services Librarian at Fordham University, remarked, =93I am=
totally inspired and ready to charge ahead with my repository more efficien=
tly<br>
and dynamically.=94<br>
Based on positive feedback from our first graduating class, bepress will re=
peat<br>
the IR Manager Certification Course in the spring of 2014. For more<br>
information, please contact Ann Taylor (<a href=3D"mailto:ataylor AT
bepress.c=
om">ataylor AT bepress.com</a>), Director of<br>
Outreach and Scholarly Communications, or Eli Windchy (<a
href=3D"mailto:ew=
indchy AT bepress.com">ewindchy AT bepress.com</a>),<br>
VP, Consulting Services.<br>
About bepress<br>
Founded by professors in 1999, bepress is the provider of Digital Commons, =
the<br>
leading hosted institutional repository software platform. Digital Commons<=
br>
offers the features of a traditional IR as well as professional-grade<br>
publishing software, management tools, and individual faculty and researche=
r<br>