[BOAI] PKP 2013 - Call for proposals - DEADLINE EXTENSION until May 6

From: Karen Meijer-Kline <kmeijerk AT sfu.ca>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2013 14:04:46 -0700 (PDT)

PKP 2013 - Call for proposals - Deadline extension until May 6

By popular demand, we have now extended the deadline for proposals to May 6th!

The deadline for submission of proposals to the PKP Scholarly Publishing 2013
conference , taking place August 19-21 in Mexico City, Mexico, has been
extended to May 6 . Please consider submitting a presentation proposal,
attending the event, and sharing this message with any colleagues who you think
might be interested in participating.

The conference will provide a unique opportunity for exchange on innovative
work in scholarly publishing, with a focus on the contributions of open source
technologies. We look forward to hosting editors, publishers, librarians,
researchers, developers, content aggregators, and PKP’s growing user
community from around the world. Participation in the conference will be an
exciting chance to share your knowledge and experience with the larger
scholarly publishing community.

together a remarkable array of presentations and participants from around the
world. We anticipate an equally valuable experience in 2013.

We especially encourage proposals that address one or more of the following
topics:

* Reports on institutional, national, and regional open access policies,
initiatives, and projects;
* Sustainability and alternative models for open access publishing;
* Quality, impact, and reach of Open Access publications;
* Open Access and higher education;
* Interoperability and information systems;
* New reading and publishing technologies.

The conference will also include technical workshops, as well as the PKP AGM. A
preliminary program is available on the conference website:
http://pkp.sfu.ca/pkp2013/schedConf/program

Proposals should be submitted using the submission guidelines and form
available on our website; all proposals will be subject to peer-review and you
will be informed of a decision by early June.

We would also like to note that there is an “early bird” registration
discount available until May 31, 2013 .

More information, including the Call for Papers and Registration form, is
available on the conference website: http://pkp.sfu.ca/pkp2013

We very much hope to see you in Mexico!
Yours truly,
PKP 2013 Conference Organizing Team

If you have any questions, please contact the PKP Conference Director, Juan
Pablo Alperin at pkp2013 AT alperin.ca