[BOAI] DOAJ - new platform, new features, new milestones

From: Iryna Kuchma <iryna.kuchma AT eifl.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2013 17:59:41 +0200

--14dae9399607ad7e3c04d7bc6053

[Forwarded message from Lars Bj=F8rnshauge]

Apoligies for Cross Posting

March 12th 2013
DOAJ reaches new milestones:
We have just completed the transition to a new environment and launched
a new platform with integrated functionality for sharing, exporting and
enhanced search/browse functionality: at the article level, search
results can be filtered by language and publication year  and by license
and publication fee; at the journal level, you can filter by subject, by
country, by license and by publication fees. These facets will be
developed further in the months to come. (Read more about our
enhancements on our home page: www.doaj.org <http://www.doaj.org>.)
We are also very proud to announce that the DOAJ has reached two
important milestones:
 1. For the first time since launch in 2003, more than 50% of the
    journals are providing metadata at article level.We will continue to
    work with the 2000+ publishers to increase this figure.
 2. More than 1 million articles are now searchable in DOAJ which means
    more than 1 million article-level metadata entriesare available for
    harvesting!We expect this figure to increase significantly in the
    months to come.

We continue to work with key stakeholders to agree on and implement new,
tighter criteria for the inclusion of journals in the DOAJ: critieria
that will address issues of quality and openness, as well as other kinds
of information about the journals.
We are very excited about these developments and we are grateful for the
continued support from the community. We always need more support so we
can continue to provide a better service, so please consider
contributing:
http://www.doaj.org/doaj?func=3DloadTemplate&template=3DsupportDoaj&uiLangu=
age=3Den
For more information, please contact Lars Bj=F8rnshauge
<mailto:lars AT doaj.org>or <lars AT doaj.org%3Eor> Dom Mitchell
<
mailto:dom AT doaj.org <dom AT doaj.org>>
The Directory of Open Access Journals is provided by IS4OA
<http://www.is4oa.org>in cooperation with SemperTool
<http://www.sempertool.dk>.

Lars Bj=F8rnshauge
SPARC=92s Director of European Library Relations =96 www.sparceurope.com
Managing Director DOAJ =96 www.doaj.org

Twitter: DOAJplus
mobile phone: +45 53 51 06 03
Skype-Id: lbj-lub0603 -

Twitter: elbjoern0603
e.mail:  lars AT doaj.org  or lars AT arl.org

--14dae9399607ad7e3c04d7bc6053

[Forwarded message from <b class=3D"gmail_sendername">Lars
Bj=F8rnshauge</b=
class=3D"gmail_quote"><br><div>Apoligie=
OAJ reaches new milestones:<br>
environment and l=
aunched <br>a new platform with integrated functionality for sharing,
expor=
ting and <br>
enhanced search/browse functionality: at the article level, search
lts can be filtered by language and publication year=A0 and by license
and publication fee; at the journal level, you can filter by subject, by <b=
r>

country, by license and by publication fees. These facets will be
oped further in the months to come. (Read more about our <br>enhancements
o=
n our home page: <a href=3D"http://www.doaj.org"
target=3D"_blank">www.doaj=
.org</a> &lt;<a href=3D"http://www.doaj.org"
target=3D"_blank">http://www.d=
oaj.org</a>&gt;.)<br>

reached two=
since launch =
in 2003, more than 50% of the<br>=A0=A0=A0 journals are providing
metadata =
at article level.We will continue to<br>

=A0=A0=A0 work with the 2000+ publishers to increase this
figure.<br>=A02. =
More than 1 million articles are now searchable in DOAJ which
means<br>=A0=
=A0=A0 more than 1 million article-level metadata entriesare available for<=
br>=A0=A0=A0 harvesting!We expect this figure to increase significantly in =
the<br>

continue to work with =
key stakeholders to agree on and implement new, <br>tighter criteria for
th=
e inclusion of journals in the DOAJ: critieria <br>that will address
issues=
 of quality and openness, as well as other kinds <br>

excited about =
these developments and we are grateful for the <br>continued support from
t=
he community. We always need more support so we <br>can continue to
provide=
 a better service, so please consider <br>

contributing: <br><a
href=3D"http://www.doaj.org/doaj?func=3DloadTemplate&a=
mp;template=3DsupportDoaj&amp;uiLanguage=3Den"
target=3D"_blank">http://www=
.doaj.org/doaj?func=3DloadTemplate&amp;template=3DsupportDoaj&amp;uiLanguag=
e=3Den</a><br>
&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:lars AT doaj.org%3Eor"
target=3D"_blank">mailto:lars AT doa=
j.org&gt;or</a> Dom Mitchell &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:dom AT
doaj.org" target=3D"=
_blank">mailto:dom AT
Open Acc=
ess Journals is provided by IS4OA <br>

&lt;<a>http://www.is4oa.org&gt;in</a> cooperation with
SemperTool <br>&lt;<=
a href=3D"http://www.sempertool.dk"
target=3D"_blank">http://www.sempertool=
SPARC=92s Director of European Library Relations =96 <a
href=3D"http://www.=
sparceurope.com"
naging Director DOAJ =96 <a href=3D"http://www.doaj.org"
target=3D"_blank">=
www.doaj.org</a></div>
href=3D"tel:%2B45%2053%2051%2006%2003" value=3D=
"+4553510603" target=3D"_blank">+45 53 51 06
elbjoern0603<br></div><div=
>e.mail:=A0=A0<a href=3D"mailto:lars AT doaj.org"
target=3D"_blank">lars AT doaj.=
org</a>=A0 or <a href=3D"mailto:lars AT arl.org"
target=3D"_blank">lars AT arl.or=
g</a><br>

--14dae9399607ad7e3c04d7bc6053--