[BOAI] COAR newsletter available

From: "Mueller, Katharina" <katharina.mueller AT>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2012 09:49:23 +0100

***apologies for cross-posting***

COAR - News digest

Spring 2012

We are delighted to present some recent news and developments about COAR:

*                 New Executive Director starting in April 2012 - our
congratulations to Alicia López Medina of Universidad Nacional de Educación a
Distancia (UNED), Spain!

*                 A warm welcome to all new members and groups!

*                 "A Roadmap for Open Access Repository
Interoperability" is
currently drafted by members of the Working Group on Interoperability. Watch
out for more news in the coming weeks!

*                 An international task force on licenses is currently set up
bringing together experts and practitioners, coordinated by COAR. It aims to
improve the uptake of open access through direct agreements with publishers.

*                 Find useful information on National Helpdesks worldwide and
reading resources on the COAR website compiled by the Working Group on
Repository Support and Training.

Read more about COAR's activities in the Spring newsletter at

To learn more about COAR, please visit our website at or contact office AT

Katharina Mueller

Göttingen State and University Library

electronic publishing - project administration

phone: +49 (0)551- 39 5242

mail: katharina.mueller AT

-- To unsubscribe from the BOAI Forum, use the form on this page: