[BOAI] Successful Strategies for Faculty Participation in Repositories

From: Peter Suber <peter.suber AT gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2010 09:46:12 -0500

--00151748e7c25cd89004949fcd07

[Forwarding from Barbara Hanlon Pappas.  --Peter Suber.]

Please excuse cross postings.

I am a graduate student at Southern Connecticut State University (SCSU)
working
towards a Master=92s Degree in Library Science.

This is an invitation to participate in an anonymous Web survey, which is
part
of my graduate capstone research project, a requirement for my Master=92s
degree.

The research project is an empirical study on faculty participation in
depositing content into institutional repositories.  The purpose of the
survey
is to determine which strategies for recruitment of faculty created content
are
being successfully implemented at a wide number of academic and research
institutions.

If you work with an institutional repository and are aware of the strategie=
implemented at your institution in order to recruit content created by
faculty,
please help me answer this research question by responding to this short
survey.

The survey is entirely anonymous.  Submission of the survey indicates
consent
to include the submitted data for use in this research.  This research has
been
reviewed according to Southern Connecticut State University IRB procedures
for
research involving human subjects (Protocol # 10-174).

The survey can be found by following this link:

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/irstrategies

A summary of findings will be available after January 2011 by emailing
hanlonpappb1 AT owls.southernct.edu.

Thank you for your time,

Sincerely,

Barbara Hanlon Pappas
Information and Library Science
Graduate Student
Southern Connecticut State University
prolibrary AT aol.com

Dr. Mary Brown, Ph.D., Professor
Project Advisor
Southern Connecticut State University
brownm6 AT southernct.edu

--00151748e7c25cd89004949fcd07

ms,sans-serif">[Forwarding from=A0=
">Barbara Han=
lon Pappas. =A0--Peter
class=3D"gm=
ail_quote">
Please excuse cross postings.<br>
I am a graduate student at Southern Connecticut State University (SCSU) wor=
king<br>
towards a Master=92s Degree in Library Science.<br>
This is an invitation to participate in an anonymous Web survey, which is p=
art<br>
of my graduate capstone research project, a requirement for my Master=92s<b=
r>
degree.<br>
The research project is an empirical study on faculty participation
in<br>
depositing content into institutional repositories. =A0The purpose of the s=
urvey<br>
is to determine which strategies for recruitment of faculty created content=
 are<br>
being successfully implemented at a wide number of academic and research<br=

institutions.<br>
If you work with an institutional repository and are aware of the strategie=
s<br>
implemented at your institution in order to recruit content created by facu=
lty,<br>
please help me answer this research question by responding to this short<br=

survey.<br>
The survey is entirely anonymous. =A0Submission of the survey indicates con=
sent<br>
to include the submitted data for use in this research. =A0This research ha=
s been<br>
reviewed according to Southern Connecticut State University IRB procedures =
for<br>
research involving human subjects (Protocol # 10-174).<br>
The survey can be found by following this link:<br>
target=3D"_blank">ht=
tp://www.surveymonkey.com/s/irstrategies</a><br>
A summary of findings will be available after January 2011 by
emailing<br>
owls.southernct.edu">hanlonpappb1 AT owls.south=
ernct.edu</a>.<br>
Thank you for your time,<br>
Sincerely,<br>
Barbara Hanlon Pappas<br>
Information and Library Science<br>
Graduate Student<br>
Southern Connecticut State University<br>
aol.com</a><br>
Dr. Mary Brown, Ph.D., Professor<br>
Project Advisor<br>
Southern Connecticut State University<br>
southernct.edu</a><br>

--00151748e7c25cd89004949fcd07--