[BOAI] Library Faculty Open Access Resolution

From: Peter Suber <peter.suber AT gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2009 19:22:48 -0500

--001485f6d8ea8ffc20047a54cec2

The faculty of the University of Northern Colorado Libraries unanimously
adopted this resolution on December 2, 2009.  Forwarding from Jayati
Chaudhuri.  --Peter Suber.

----------cut here----------

Library Faculty Open Access Resolution =97December 2, 2009

We, the faculty of University Libraries of the University of Northern
Colorado (UNC) resolve the following:

   1. To disseminate our scholarship as broadly as possible.  We endeavor t=
   make our scholarly work openly accessible in conformance with open acces=
   principles.  Whenever possible, we make our scholarship available in dig=
ital
   format, online, free of charge, and free of most copyright and licensing
   restrictions.

   1. To deposit our scholarly work in our institutional repository, Digita=
   UNC at the earliest possible opportunity.

   1. To seek publishers whose policies allow us to make our research freel=
   available online.  When a publisher=92s policies do not allow us to make=
 our
   research freely available online, we resolve to engage in good faith
   negotiations with the publisher to allow deposit of peer-reviewed, pre- =
or
   post-print versions of our scholarly work in Digital UNC. This resolutio=
n,
   however, gives us the latitude and individual discretion to publish wher=
e we
   deem necessary, given our career goals, intended audience, and other
   reasonable factors.

The resolution applies to the scholarly works authored and co-authored whil=
faculty are employed at UNC Libraries, beginning with works published or
submitted for publication after December 2, 2009. The works encompassed by
this resolution include journal articles and conference proceedings.  We
encourage the deposit of other scholarly work, including but not limited to
book chapters and conference presentations.

This open access resolution will be reviewed by faculty of the University
Libraries after one year.

Approved unanimously December 2, 2009

--001485f6d8ea8ffc20047a54cec2

face=3D"&#39;trebuchet ms&#39;=
, sans-serif">The=A0</font><span
class=3D"Apple-style-span" style=3D"border=
-collapse: collapse; "><font class=3D"Apple-style-span"
face=3D"&#39;trebuc=
het ms&#39;, sans-serif">faculty of the University of Northern
Colorado Lib=
raries unanimously adopted this resolution on December 2, 2009. =A0Forwardi=
ng from=A0Jayati Chaudhuri. =A0--Peter
iv>
,
class=3D"Apple-style-span" style=3D"border-collapse:
collapse;"><font class=
=3D"Apple-style-span" face=3D"&#39;trebuchet ms&#39;,
sans-serif">---------=
-cut here----------<br>
size=3D"2"><font face=3D"trebuchet m=
s,sans-serif"><span style=3D"font-family:&#39;Times New
Roman&#39;;font-siz=
e:medium"><p>
face=3D"&#39;trebuchet ms&#39;, sans=
-serif"><span class=3D"Apple-style-span"
style=3D"font-size: small;">Librar=
y Faculty Open Access Resolution =97December 2,
ont class=3D"Apple-style-span" face=3D"&#39;trebuchet
ms&#39;, sans-serif">=
small;">=A0<br>
class=3D"Apple-style-span" face=3D"&#39;tr=
ebuchet ms&#39;, sans-serif"><span
class=3D"Apple-style-span" style=3D"font=
-size: small;">We, the faculty of University Libraries of the
University of=
 Northern Colorado (UNC) resolve the

class=3D"Apple-style-span" face=3D"&#39;treb=
uchet ms&#39;, sans-serif"><span
class=3D"Apple-style-span" style=3D"font-s=
ize: small;">To disseminate our scholarship as broadly as possible.=A0
We e=
ndeavor to make our scholarly work openly accessible in conformance with op=
en access principles.=A0 Whenever possible, we make our scholarship availab=
le in digital format, online, free of charge, and free of most copyright an=
</ol><ol type=3D"1"
start=3D"2"><li><font><font
class=3D"Apple-style-span" =
face=3D"&#39;trebuchet ms&#39;, sans-serif"><span
class=3D"Apple-style-span=
" style=3D"font-size: small;">To deposit our scholarly work
in our institut=
ional repository, Digital UNC at the earliest possible
opportunity.</span><=
/font></font></li>
</ol><ol type=3D"1" start=3D"3">
<li><font><font class=3D"Apple-style-span"
face=3D"&#39;trebuchet ms&#39;, =
sans-serif"><span class=3D"Apple-style-span"
style=3D"font-size: small;">To=
 seek publishers whose policies allow us to make our research freely availa=
ble online.=A0 When a publisher=92s policies do not allow us to make our re=
search freely available online, we resolve to engage in good faith negotiat=
ions with the publisher to allow deposit of peer-reviewed, pre- or post-pri=
nt versions of our scholarly work in Digital UNC. This resolution, however,=
 gives us the latitude and individual discretion to publish where we deem n=
ecessary, given our career goals, intended audience, and other reasonable f=

face=3D"&#39;trebuchet ms&#3=
9;, sans-serif"><span class=3D"Apple-style-span"
style=3D"font-size: small;=
">The resolution applies to the scholarly works authored and
co-authored wh=
ile faculty are employed at UNC Libraries, beginning with works published o=
r submitted for publication after December 2, 2009. The works encompassed b=
y this resolution include journal articles and conference proceedings.=A0 W=
e encourage the deposit of other scholarly work, including but not limited =
to book chapters and conference

face=3D"&#39;trebuchet ms&#39;, s=
ans-serif"><span class=3D"Apple-style-span"
style=3D"font-size: small;">Thi=
s open access resolution will be reviewed by faculty of the University Libr=
face=3D"&#39;trebuchet ms&#39;, s=
ans-serif"><span class=3D"Apple-style-span"
style=3D"font-size: small;">App=
roved unanimously December 2,
font></div>

--001485f6d8ea8ffc20047a54cec2--