[BOAI] InWeave: Intellectual Wealth and Value is launched

From: Peter Suber <peter.suber AT gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2009 11:39:26 -0500

--0016e654fe6e776a79047a4e556f

[Forwarding from =D8ystein Jakobsen, via Ethan Zuckerman.  --Peter Suber.]

The Genero project was launched to adress the fundamental changes
surrounding our relationship to culture and media. In short it is a
registry that connects all the providers of free culture today, and
enables the evolution of new business models upon creative works with
free licenses. The Genero system was constructed from analysis, trying
to figure out how the perfect system should be like. However, the
analysis is not performed by the scientific community, and even though
the Genero model has been developed with input from very skilled
resources within the network economy and free culture, the model has
not been properly investigated and peer-reviewed.

Now the InWeave research project is being launched to adress this.

The research centre Norwegian Computing has replied to the Norwegian
Research council's call "The Future Internet" with the project
proposal InWeave. InWeave is short for Intellectual Wealth and Value.
It is an Open Science project, which will investigate which mechanisms
provide society with Intellectual Wealth of the greatest value, by
performing research into the entire ecosystem around new modes of
production and dissemination.

For further details on the research project, go to the project website
www.inweave.org.

You can also read the project proposal directly here:
http://fribit.no/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/INWEAVE-public-version.pdf

We are also preparing to launch the standardisation body Genero
Initiative early next year. We are also in the process of developing
the first components of the Genero system.

If you want to participate in any way either with the research project
or the Genero Initiative, or know someone that would be interrested,
send me (or them) a mail. Feel free to forward this mail to anyone you
like. The project proposal is CC licensed, you are free to do as you
please. Given the overwhelming response we have gained sofar, the
prospects are looking great!

Best regards
=D8ystein B. Jakobsen
+47 9283 0070
Email: oystein.jakobsen AT fribit.no

--0016e654fe6e776a79047a4e556f

class=3D"Apple-style-span" face=3D"&#39;trebuc=
het ms&#39;, sans-serif">[Forwarding from=A0=D8ystein Jakobsen, via
Ethan Z=
uckerman.=A0 --Peter
class=3D"Apple-s=
tyle-span" face=3D"&#39;trebuchet ms&#39;,
sans-serif"><br>
class=3D"Apple-style-span" face=3D"=
&#39;trebuchet ms&#39;,
class=3D"gmail_qu=
ote"><font class=3D"Apple-style-span"
face=3D"&#39;trebuchet ms&#39;, sans-=
serif">
The Genero project was launched to adress the fundamental changes<br>
surrounding our relationship to culture and media. In short it is a<br>
registry that connects all the providers of free culture today, and<br>
enables the evolution of new business models upon creative works with<br>
free licenses. The Genero system was constructed from analysis,
trying<br>
to figure out how the perfect system should be like. However, the<br>
analysis is not performed by the scientific community, and even
though<br>
the Genero model has been developed with input from very skilled<br>
resources within the network economy and free culture, the model has<br>
not been properly investigated and peer-reviewed.<br><br>
Now the InWeave research project is being launched to adress
this.<br><br>
The research centre Norwegian Computing has replied to the Norwegian<br>
Research council&#39;s call &quot;The Future Internet&quot; with
the projec=
t<br>
proposal InWeave. InWeave is short for Intellectual Wealth and Value.<br>
It is an Open Science project, which will investigate which
mechanisms<br>
provide society with Intellectual Wealth of the greatest value, by<br>
performing research into the entire ecosystem around new modes of<br>
production and dissemination.<br><br>
For further details on the research project, go to the project
website<br><=
/font>

target=3D"_blank"><font class=3D"Apple-s=
tyle-span" face=3D"&#39;trebuchet ms&#39;,
sans-serif">www.inweave.org</fon=
t></a><font class=3D"Apple-style-span"
face=3D"&#39;trebuchet ms&#39;, sans=
-serif">.</font></div>
class=3D"Apple-style-span" face=3D"&#39;tr=
ebuchet ms&#39;, sans-serif"><br>
You can also read the project proposal directly here:<br></font>
<a
href=3D"http://fribit.no/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/INWEAVE-public-versi=
on.pdf" target=3D"_blank"><font
class=3D"Apple-style-span" face=3D"&#39;tre=
buchet ms&#39;,
sans-serif">http://fribit.no/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/INW=
EAVE-public-version.pdf</font></a><font
class=3D"Apple-style-span" face=3D"=
&#39;trebuchet ms&#39;, sans-serif"><br>
We are also preparing to launch the standardisation body Genero<br>
Initiative early next year. We are also in the process of developing<br>
the first components of the Genero system.<br><br>
If you want to participate in any way either with the research
project<br>
or the Genero Initiative, or know someone that would be interrested,<br>
send me (or them) a mail. Feel free to forward this mail to anyone
you<br>
like. The project proposal is CC licensed, you are free to do as you<br>
please. Given the overwhelming response we have gained sofar, the<br>
prospects are looking great!<br><br>
Best regards<br>
=D8ystein B. Jakobsen<br>
+47 9283 0070<br>
Email: </font>

class=3D"Apple-style-sp=
an" face=3D"&#39;trebuchet ms&#39;,
sans-serif">oystein.jakobsen AT fribit.no<=
/font></a><font class=3D"Apple-style-span"
face=3D"&#39;trebuchet ms&#39;, =
sans-serif"><br>
ms&#39;, sans-serif=
"><font