Re: [BOAI] Formats for electronic dissemination

From: "Dr.Vinod Scaria" <drvinod AT hotpop.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 13:46:17 +0530

Threading: Re: [BOAI] Formats for electronic dissemination from radu AT monicsoft.net
      • This Message

I agree to Radu's views.
I have always wondered why they convert page scans to PDFs.
They can always use them as GIFs or JPEGs which is much handy and easily
downloadable and there is no special advantage being a PDF by itself, as
Radu notes, these are virtually impenetrable by data mining tools.
Moreover, the print quality of many of these scanned PDFs are equally poor.

kind regards
Vinod

Dr.Vinod Scaria
WEB: www.drvinod.netfirms.com