[BOAI] Building Digital Repositories with Limited Resources: Best Practices and Case Studies

From: Peter Suber <peters AT>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2009 10:44:01 -0400

[Forwarding from Abby Clobridge, via the JISC-Repositories list.  --Peter

Dear Colleagues,

I am writing a book, Building Digital Repositories with Limited Resources,
which is scheduled to be published by Chandos Publications in 2010. I am
planning to include a section of case studies and best practices to give
readers ideas they can easily and inexpensively adopt. If you have
developed a tool, technique, method, project, or program that you would
like to have considered to be included in the book, please fill out this
questionnaire: <>

I am particularly interested in examples from institutions outside of the
United States and case studies that would be applicable to academic libraries.

Specific areas of interest include (but are not limited to): integrating
web2.0 technologies into digital libraries; strategies for outreach and
assessment; cost-effective digital preservation strategies; tools to
automate metadata production; metadata production and repository workflow
tools; and scalable methods for working with faculty to deposit their
publications in open access repositories.

For further information about the book, please visit its page on the
Woodhead Publishing web site:

If you have any questions, please contact me at
<mailto:abby_clobridge AT>abby_clobridge AT

Thank you.

Abby Clobridge
Associate Director, Research & Knowledge Services
Harvard Kennedy School Library
Harvard University, Kennedy School of Government
79 JFK Street
Cambridge, MA 02138
(617) 496-1772
<mailto:abby_clobridge AT>abby_clobridge AT

-- To unsubscribe from the BOAI Forum, use the form on this page: