Re: [BOAI] Re: Cliff Lynch on Institutional Archives

From: Linda Thede <lqthede AT apk.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2003 13:12:24 -0500

Threading: Re: [BOAI] Re: Cliff Lynch on Institutional Archives from freemamh AT lavc.edu
      • This Message
             Re: [BOAI] Re: Cliff Lynch on Institutional Archives from harnad AT ecs.soton.ac.uk

The problem that Margaret writes about is particularly true in practice
disciplines such as nursing or physical therapy. Those in these disciplines
are also at a great disadvantage when it comes to accessing the literature -
outside of academic medical centers, few healthcare facilities have good
libraries. They of course will among the big benefactors of OAI.

I do have an additional question, and perhaps it stems from not understanding
this process, but how will all these individual institutional papers be indexed
so interested persons can find them.

ecs.soton.ac.uk> wrote:

> > The bottom line is this: The free
> > Eprints.org software (for example) can be installed within a few
days. It
> > can then be replicated to handle all the departmental or research
group
> > archives a university wants, with minimal maintenance time or costs.
The

--
Linda Q. Thede
435-4 Chandler Drive