Re: [BOAI] PubMed and self-archiving

From: Bernard Lang <Bernard.Lang AT inria.fr>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 16:57:00 +0200

Threading: [BOAI] PubMed and self-archiving from david.prosser AT bodley.ox.ac.uk
      • This Message

A friend of mine wrote a search engine specialized in mathematical
papers.

I  do not have more information, but you can try to reach him at
Stefane Fermigier <sf AT fermigier.com>

Cordialement

Bernard Lang

On Thu, Aug 28, 2003 at 11:25:25PM -0500, Thomas Krichel wrote:
>   David Prosser writes
>
> > It struck me that it would encourage life sciences authors to
> > self-archive if there was also a link from the PubMed record to the
> > self-archived version of the paper.
>
>   I am working on a related project that tries to find the full
>   text of papers of papers that are anywhere on the web from the
>   title data only. I have a running implementation for computer
>   science papers. If this method is succesful (I am at an early
>   stage of this work), it could certainly be applied to PubMed
>   title data. It would be a cost effective, though not 100%
>   guaranteed way to link to the full text.
>
>   Cheers,
>
>   Thomas Krichel                      mailto:krichel AT openlib.org
>   visiting CO PAH, Novosibirsk   http://openlib.org/home/krichel
>                              RePEc:per:1965-06-05:thomas_krichel

Bernard.Lang AT inria.fr             ,_  /\o    \o/    Tel  +33 1 3963 5644
                 CAGED BEHIND WINDOWS or FREE WITH LINUX