Re: [BOAI] PubMed and self-archiving

From: Thomas Krichel <krichel AT openlib.org>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 23:25:25 -0500

Threading: [BOAI] PubMed and self-archiving from david.prosser AT bodley.ox.ac.uk
      • This Message

  David Prosser writes

> It struck me that it would encourage life sciences authors to
> self-archive if there was also a link from the PubMed record to the
> self-archived version of the paper.

  I am working on a related project that tries to find the full
  text of papers of papers that are anywhere on the web from the
  title data only. I have a running implementation for computer
  science papers. If this method is succesful (I am at an early
  stage of this work), it could certainly be applied to PubMed
  title data. It would be a cost effective, though not 100%
  guaranteed way to link to the full text.

  Cheers,

  Thomas Krichel                      mailto:krichel AT openlib.org
  visiting CO PAH, Novosibirsk   http://openlib.org/home/krichel
                             RePEc:per:1965-06-05:thomas_krichel